How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 107978
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife recently put to bed in Seattle, she was admitted

Customer Question

My wife recently put to bed in Seattle Washington, she was admitted into the US on a B1-B2 visa. Our new infant son was diagnosed with some serious deceptions at birth and he is under intensive care at the Seattle children specialist hospital. The present medical condition of my son will require strict monitoring from time to time as requested by the medical team and we don’t have the kind of medical facility that is required to take proper care of him here in Nigeria. My wife needs to stay back in the US because of the present situation so that our infant son will get a proper and adequate medical attention as required and recommended, our initial plan was just for her to give birth to the baby in the US and come back home as we also have two daughters here, although our daughters have also travelled to the US with their mother on a B1-B2 visa but presently they are under my care here in Nigeria. I need an advice on what to do, my wife cannot stay beyond six months in the US and her present six month stay will elapsed by December 18th 2016, she is also saying she cannot afford to leave her family behind especially her two daughters. Please what do we do?
In addition, at a point the medical team requested urgently for my presence because my wife gave birth through a Cesarean section and the first surgery to be performed on our son was delayed as there was no one present to give the medical team a parental consent for them to perform the surgery and during this time my wife was still recovering from her Cesarean section at her own hospital which is about 3 hours’ drive from the children specialist hospital were my son was admitted. I received an emergency request letter from the two hospital which I took to the US Embassy here in Nigeria but unfortunately my visa was not approved. Please kindly advice on what to do?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I am sorry that this has happened. Was her intent always to have the baby in the U.S.?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

The problem is that they do not like it when a person abuses a visitor visa to come to the U.S. to give birth. While there is nothing illegal about it, they view that as an abuse of the visa and if they do not pay for all the expenses related to the birth, that's even worse as they will probably cancel her visa or deny her entry at some point. Anyway, unfortunately, all you can do is apply again and show strong ties to your country and non-immigrant intent, or you could try for a Humanitarian Parole if there is an urgent enough reason that you can prove. Here is a link:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions