Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I am a card holder and applied for my go renewal in may. In

Customer Question

I am a green card holder and applied for my go renewal in may. In November of last year my father came to visit us in the us on a visitor visa and unfortunately got a heart attach. He was in the hospital for 7 months. At the 6 month period I hired a lawyer to apply for his extension given his medical condition ndition and inability to travel. Unfortunately my lawyer was late and the application was file a day after his 6 month i94 expired. He since then has gone back to India and unfortunately passed away there. We have not heard anything back from uscis as as yet. As I had provided proof of income with his extension to show I will chave very his living expenses, given his application was received a day later than his I94 expiration, can it caus issues with my gc renewal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

My condolences on your loss. Fortunately, I have good news for you. Your father's process has nothing to do with your green card renewal. You did nothing wrong and a late filing of an extension does not cause any issue to your green card status at all. There is no fraud or misrepresentation there, so nothing to worry about.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!