Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I was recently hired yo work in a leasing department now I

Customer Question

I was recently hired yo work in a leasing department now I need a work visa? I do I obtain one?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

That might not be so easy. How did you enter the U.S.? What visa did you use? Has your stay expired? How long ago? What country are you from? How old were you when you entered the U.S.? Please answer each question as each is important. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I enter with a tourist visa
Will expired in 01/07/2017
Brazil
I'm 28 years old

Ok. And this job, what level of education does it require? What level of education do you have? Do you have money to invest? How much?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already have the job, letter of confirmation for the job

That's not the way it works. So I still need to know, what level of education does it require? What level of education do you have? Do you have money to invest? How much?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 years of university
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Invest in what?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have money yes but What type of investment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what documents do you need I can provide

So you have a 2 year degree? Does the job require a 2 year degree or a 4 year degree or no degree?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Exactly, I have 2 years degree
The company don't require degree, no experience
Contract me because I speak 3 languages

Ok. I have some good news and some bad news. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger for the bad news. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The good news is that the H-2B is a possibility. For an H-2B worker visa, it is expensive and difficult to get because the employer would have to go through an expensive process called a Labor Certification where the position is advertised in the local media, the employer must receive all resumes and eliminate all candidates for valid reasons, not just because they have a job for you. This is to prove that you would not be taking a job away from a U.S. worker. Here is a link:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2b-non-agricultural-workers/h-2b-temporary-non-agricultural-workers

The bad news is that because they are used up for this year, you will need to apply on April 1, 2017 to start working on October 1, 2017 or later. Here is a link in regards ***** ***** H-2B cap

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-2b-non-agricultural-workers/cap-count-h-2b-nonimmigrants

If you had $100,000 or more to invest, you might be able to do an investment visa and that could be an option.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Myrna. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.