Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I got approval for a change of status from an F1 (OPT to be

Customer Question

I got approval for a change of status from an F1 (OPT to be exact) to an R1 visa in the form of an I 797A). My job as a Church Music assistant director requires that i travel in and out of the country sometimes with Bands and choirs. I'm planning on going home in a few days but keep getting a lot of negative feedback from people saying I won't be allowed back into the country because I am from a third world country and will have no proof that I won't stay (I assume illegally) in the US. What is your take on this matter?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country are you from? Do you have an R-1 visa stamp in your passport?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you do not have an R-1 visa stamp in your passport, you will have to go for stamping before you can come back. I would take a copy of your entire R-1 file with you just in case they have any questions. If you meet all the requirements and can prove non-immigrant intent, you should get stamping.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Samuel. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!