Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have a L1B denied and I wish to re appeal need

Customer Question

Hi I have a L1B denied and I wish to re appeal need consultation on that.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It is your employer who has to file the appeal.

What was the basis of the denial? Filing a new petition may be a better option.

Give me the facts.

Judith

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Employer filed the petition. The denial was due to specialized skills.
I have a total experience of 1.5 years as full time employee and 1 year of contractual experience in the company.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The lawyer did not do a very good job on the documentation part
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

It would be less expensive filing fee to file a new petition. It is a $630 filing fee to appeal.

If possible you will want to retain an attorney familiar with L1 petitions and the type of proof and evidence required to meed the burden of proprietary knowledge, not just "specialized skills" but knowledge unique to the product, services, manufacturing, etc offered by the petitioner and which would not be generalized knowledge held by someone who holds the same degree or major.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith