Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I filed form I130 for my wife and 3 kids all minors, my kids

Customer Question

I filed form I130 for my wife and 3 kids all minors, my kids already got their interview scheduled at Ciudad Juarez next month but my wife did not, is it just normal processing time or I'm I missing information? please help
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Has your spouse ever been in the U.S.? Illegally? Does she have anything negative in her background or perhaps a common name?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No she has never been in the US before and her case has been approved, it's just that after the approval I have not heard anything back from NVC

Does she have a common name?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NVC requested more info on my kids but not for her, so I don't know if I'm missing info or is it just processing time

Does she have a common name like ***** ***** or Rodriguez or Hernandez or Fernandez, or Ortiz, or something like that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Her name is*****

Ok. I thought perhaps the background check was taking a little longer than normal. That's possible. When are the scheduled interviews for? Have you contacted the NVC?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The interviews for my kids are schedule for the 25 of October

I would contact the NVC and also the U.S. Embassy to find out what is going on because that is very strange that they are scheduled before she is. Try the NVC first and if you call, make sure you call exactly at 7am because after that, you may not get through for the rest of the day because it gets packed with calls each day:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/nvc/nvc-contact-information.html

The contact for the U.S. Embassy is below:

U.S. Embassy Mexico City
Paseo de la Reforma 305
Colonia Cuauhtemoc
06500 Mexico, D.F.
Phone: ( 01-55 ) 5080-2000
Fax: ( 01-55 ) 5080-2005

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Luis. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.