Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a Quadraplegic needing a caregiver. She conned me to

Customer Question

I am a Quadraplegic needing a caregiver. She conned me to lending $3000.00 to get her mother paprs, who is from Costa Rica, here illeaglly. So the mother got papers and I didn't get paid back. We had a written contrct,but it dissaeared.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am disabled and taken advantage by a caregiver.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I am not sure I understand what your question is. You want to sue her to get your money back? You want her deported? Or what is your question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has solen our contrac, so I have nothing in writting, but i am looking to get paid as described
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has scammed a disabled person. Stole our contact, signed by all 3 of us,and used the money to do something illeagle with it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She her got mother legal with stolen money
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Anyone there?

My apologies, Steve. Since you did not respond, I had logged off for a bit to get something to eat. Anyway, did you give her cash or did you give her a check? What proof do you have of the money that you gave her and what it was supposed to be used for? Is she illegal herself? Do you think any fraud was done to get her mom legal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She Defrauded me and used the money to get an illeagaly person get papers.
Stole the contract

Yes, I understand that, but that wasn't an illegal use of that money unless there was fraud to get that person legal. For example, if she was a U.S. Citizen and her mother had been illegal after entering on a B-2 tourist visa and she just needed money to pay for the paperwork, then that was not an illegal use of the money. So is she a U.S. Citizen and is this what happened? If that's what happened, then how did you pay her? Cash or check?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid with a check made out to cash. Ahother stupid move

Well, try to see if your bank can track how it was cashed. Maybe she was stupid enough to deposit it directly into her own bank account. Is she a U.S. Citizen? Does she have gainful employment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The girl that worked for me most likely put it in her account and is a citizen, with probally not employed. Her mother was working here as an illeagal I'll check with the bank now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The check is made out Maria loaiza and she cashed it

Ok. Like I said, ask your bank to determine where the check was deposited. If you can prove that she deposited the money, then I would sue her in civil court and try to provide whatever evidence you can (your statement, witness statements, etc.) proving your side of the case. She might even be stupid enough to ignore the case and you can receive a default judgment. If she does respond and you win, then either way, you would have a judgment against her that you can attach any bank accounts of hers that you find or if not, you can garnish her wages and such. I'm not saying it is going to be easy, but at least with proof of where the funds went, you have a starting point.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Steve. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!