Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

This is in reference to the L1 visa,The financial and

Customer Question

This is in reference to the L1 visa,The financial and balance sheet of my holding company back home is weak, but at the same time my business has been continuing since past 25 years and have an immense experience towards this line of activity which is restaurant business and I am the director of the company. When I open a subsidiary branch here, would not my financials create a hurdle in the petition as immediately the question would arise as how am I going to fund my subsidiary here. Do I have to show any particular investment in L1 or a would a strong business plan work ..
To overcome the hurdle of a weak financial in the holding company, a local friend has agreed to invest in the company and he would also be a shareholder in the company and can show in the business plan that he is a investor and my capital would be my business experience in this field since past 35 years which I can prove the experience through my papers...Would this work?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Yes, it could cause a problem for you that you don't have strong financials back home. How many employees do you have back home? How much will you invest in the U.S. company? How many U.S. workers will you create jobs for?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You should probably have a few employees back home and that company must continue to run while you are away. As far as in the U.S., you should consider investing $100,000 or more and probably create jobs for 3 or more U.S. workers. The more money you invest and the more jobs you create, the better the chance is that you would get approved for the L-1A.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Suraj. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.