Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I would like to clarify what documents do I need to send for

Customer Question

I would like to clarify what documents do I need to send for my US citizenship application after 5 year of being lawful US resident. I have prepared completed and signed N-400 form, two passport style photos, copy of my permanent resident card(both sides), check for $680.00. I gained permanent resident cart thru marriage to US Citizen. N-400 filling instructions asks to provide marriage certificate. Do I need that, or should I exclude it?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

I would include the marriage certificate. Everything else on the list is what you need. When the time comes for the interview, if you are no longer married to that U.S. Citizen, you may want to take evidence similar to what you had to file to get the I-751 approved when you got your 10 year green card.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello Richard. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.