How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 442
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am glodie and i got some questions, No, Not yet I am

Customer Question

Hello i am glodie and i got some questions
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet I am looking for information by myself first
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hmm no
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

Do you have a specific legal question that I can help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can i ask my question?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What if an international student (has a student visa) get pregnant in the usa? Will she able to a a permanent residencyand a work permit to take care of her baby? If yes, how does it work?
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately having a child won't enable her to receive permanent residency. However, when the child reaches 21 years old, they will be able to then file for her green card.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Related Immigration Law Questions