Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My birth year is wrong on my ID

Customer Question

my birth year is wrong on my ID
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What type of ID is it? Why is there an error? Who's fault is it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All the IDs including US Passport.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I become immigration I have temp Tibetan ID it was wrong there, then I am worry to correct.

Was it correct on your birth certificate? Why didn't you correct it when you got your green card, or when you applied for U.S. Citizenship?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I would be worried to correct it also because your background check for the green card and U.S. Citizenship were done using an incorrect birth date. What documents do you have that have the correct birthdate?