Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I am spanish citizen and a US greencard holder. I am

Customer Question

I am spanish citizen and a US greencard holder. I am traveling to the philippines for work and I lost my greencard. What should i do to enter the US and how long does the process take so i can rebook my ticket.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

You will need to start the process for a new green card, replacement. You would do this by submitting form I-90 and paying the fee. #365. Here is the form

This usually takes a few months, about 5-7 months. HOWEVER, the good news is that you can make an appointment called an infopas at your local USCIS office to talk to an officer and get a stamp in your passport that proves you are a green card holder and you can use it to travel back into the US. All you need is a receipt notice of the I-90. Once you submit the form, USCIS will send you a receipt notice to confirm they received it. That takes about 2-3 weeks after you send it. Here is where you make the infopass appt

and you can make it in advance even if you dont have the receipt notice yet. Select that you need information.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.