Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Im a greencard holder have a 10 yr came here going on to two

Customer Question

Im a greencard holder have a 10 yr green came here going on to two years now got my greencard by marriage my husband and i not together anymore my daughter who is 9yrs old was given a 2yrs green card which expires november of this year how do i go about getting her new green card im not yet divorce
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

You should try to have a final divorce as soon as possible. You can file the I-751 as a divorce waiver case. In order to do that, you need the actual divorce decree. If you do not have it by November, but you think you will have it soon, then go ahead and file the I-751 and write a letter that you will have the divorce decree soon and they will send you a Request for Additional Evidence in a few months and then you can send the divorce decree in.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.