Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Khan i am from india. In linkedin i have seen a vaccancy for

Customer Question

Good day sir
My name is ***** ***** i am from india . In linkedin i have seen a vaccancy for marine engineer in Carnival cruise line , i have applied and they sent me an offer letter and gave the phone no of company representative and said he will help you for getting visa and he is working in US high commission . I contacted and he sent me one visa application form and one online interview form and ask me to submit the form with payment $450 usd . I have submitted the form after that he sent me an anti terrorist form and asking for $ 1000 USD and said this amount you will get back once you reach US airport . After that he sent me one homeland security form and ask me to pay $1400 USD . Then they sent me homeland security authorization certificate and i card . Now they ask me to pay basic travelling allowance of $3500 . I already paid and they have scheduled appointment on sunday . Today I received a mail from homeland security that your basic travelling allowance is very low and to upgrade to $11500usd . Please tell me what process is this and now what i can do for refund my money back .
My contact no is +91(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

I am afraid that I am going to have very bad news for you. I'm so sorry and I hope you understand that I have to be honest with you.

This whole situation that you have told me about is a very common scam used to scam innocent people who are interested in working in the US. . In a real US job offer where the company applies for your visa, the employer (company) must pay all of these fees, not the employer. It is illegal to ask the employee to pay. Also - There is no such thing as applying for a US visa in the way that they are saying. You would have had to go to the US embassy to apply for a work visa such as the H1B. You would never have to send money to the employer like this. There is no such thing as getting money back at the airport. There is also NO basic traveling allowance to come to the US and definitely you DO NOT have to pay that to the US. These scammers are just going to continue asking you for money and unfortunately there is no way to get it back. It is likely that they are not in the US but are located in another country popular for scams like Ghana or Nigeria.

I am so so sorry to tell you think but I Hope that I Have helped you from sending them more money.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.