Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm

How are you? Not good. I mailed an i-129f to the Lewisville

Customer Question

Hello. How are you?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Not good.
JA: Glad to hear it. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I mailed an i-129f to the Lewisville TX address yesterday. I put all communication with my fiance in the package without photocopying and saving an6thing. How can I intercept this? It has not been received yet as uscis, but I wish they just send back my envelope without opening it. Can I do this?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I tried. He says to call tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it posdible to get the envelope back as soon as it is signed for? It is still at the post office in lewisvill, pending delivery since it could not be delivered today.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good evening, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

USCIS is known within the legal community for sometimes losing or misplacing documents. I don't believe this is done intentionally, but rather that it's a by-product of their offices and processing centers being inundated with incoming paperwork. That being said, I don't think asking USCIS to send your paperwork back from the Texas office is the best option-- if a processing problem were to arise, you could end up with neither you nor USCIS having copies of your paperwork.

My suggestion is to contact the Lewisville post office, and speak with them about the possibility of getting your package back before it's delivered. Perhaps they have a means of doing that via you providing some personal identification as proof that you were the one who mailed the package.

If the attempt with the post office fails, then I recommend contacting USCIS as your second option. You can contact their Lewisville office and explain the situation, and inquire whether they will do you the courtesy of sending you copies of the documents. As a last recourse, you can also inquire about simply returning the package to sender, unopened.

I hope that information helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

I think you might also find these helpful:

USCIS National Customer Service Center phone number:

(###) ###-####/p>

Texas Service Center contact email:

Hi, just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address your concerns and provide you the info you need. Let me know, I'm here to help, I hope it all works out!