Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I am 58 my girlfriend is 42 no kids and never been married.

Customer Question

Hi, I am 58 my girlfriend is 42 no kids and never been married. what can we do to get her visa to visit me in U S
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: NO
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Has she applied for a visitor visa yet? What country is she coming in from?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
she has not. looking for best and quick way to get her here
Thank you for your reply.
What country is she a citizen of, since that determines whether or not she must at least apply for a visitor visa?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Philippines
Thank you for your reply.
So she will have to go to the US Consulate and file for a visa to come to the US. That is the first step. She needs to apply for a visitor visa and she can only stay a maximum of 90 days then she must leave. That is the only real way for her to come to the US. Here is the webpage for her to get a non-immigrant visitor visa: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what is chance she will be granted a visa and if she likes it her and wants to stay longer , then whats next step
Thank you for your reply.
Most times getting a visa for visitors is not difficult, but if she tells immigration she is coming to visit a boyfriend, they could deny her claiming she is trying to come to the US to stay. So she needs to apply for visitor visa and if she decides she likes it then she needs to leave and would have to come back either as your fiance or your spouse or she would need to find some employer to sponsor her to come to the US.
IF she comes here and overstays her visa, she can legally forbidden from coming back to the country for 3-10 years. So she needs to follow the laws, leave before her 90 days and if she wants to come back, then apply for a resident type visa (fiance, spouse or employment) to return.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what is usual time frame to receive visitor visa ? What type employment required for work visa
Thank you for your reply.
Generally, a visitor visa takes 30-60 days, depending on how busy they are when they receive the application.
She would have to apply through a regular employer (company) and it has to be for employment in the US for which they cannot find US workers or because she has some specialized skill. Typically it is an H1b visa for employment and she would need a company in the US to apply for that for her.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help. is this something your company does ? And are you able to obtain a visa easier than her trying to do herself
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid if you review the terms of service on this site, they are clear that we are forbidden by law from representing anyone from this site. You would have to have her use a US visa service in the Philippines to apply and sometimes they can get a visa done in less than 30 days if you pay for expedited service, but we cannot make any personal referrals to any services as we are an independent company with no ties to any other entity.