Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Judith, yes, I need a legal advice, i got the notice today

Customer Question

Hi Judith
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I need a legal advice
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got the notice today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 month ago.

What notice did you receive today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On September 2, 2016, we denied your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1619852304. We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by September 17, 2016, please go to to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to to give us your new mailing address.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what are the next steps and options?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
First of all , can we file a case why USCIS has denied the petition?
Expert:  Judith replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by can you file a case why USCIS has denied the petition.

The written decision that is referred to in the electronic status will set out the grounds for denial.

Based on the reasons for denial your attorney can file an Appeal or a Motion to Reopen and/or Reconsider.

If you are in the US and have requested a change of status you are allowed to remain in the US pending a decision on the Appeal or MTR. If you are on cap gap you may not work on OPT if it has expired beyond 9/30/2016 while waiting for a final decision on the appeal or MTR.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.