Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Are you a immigration lawyer? are you a computer or a

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: are you a immigration lawyer?
JA: No. I'm the Immigration Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: are you a computer or a person ?
JA: No. I'm the Immigration Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: can you sell things on ebay on a h1b visa?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: a perm
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, you cannot. Activity on H-1B is restricted to your petitioning employer. The reason being is that you are here because an employer needs you since supposedly they cannot find qualified U.S. workers for your position. You are not supposed to engage in any other activity that could compete with a U.S. company or U.S. workers and potentially displace U.S. workers. So you are only allowed to be a passive investor in a company. You can certainly sell things that you own through Ebay, but if you are buying and selling on a regular or even semi-regular basis, that is not allowed. It will get you into trouble.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.