How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 439
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2006 I became a naturalize US citizen. Once I was a US

Customer Question

In 2006 I became a naturalize US citizen. Once I was a US citizen my two minor children received their greencards. One of my children applied for and received a US passport before his 18th birthday.The other child did not get a US Passport and simply kept the greencard. The second childs Greencard expire in 2017, she is now 25 years old.The question is this. Is the second child a US Citizen even though she is now over 18? If so can so now apply for a US Passport ?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney, I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I forgot to add that if my daughter is a US Citizen what documents will her and I have to provide for her passport.
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for your patience. Your daughter is not currently a US citizen, but the good news is it won't be very difficult for her to become one. She just needs to fill out and submit Form N-400 and she will receive her citizenship. She completely qualifies for it and should run into no problem at all. The entire process should take around 6 months for her.

Here is a link to a great resource by the USCIS that lists gives a 10-step list to naturalization. I think you will find it very helpful.

She'll be able to get her US passport once she's completed the naturalization process.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!