Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience.
16823287

Can I loose my card for fraud after being married and have

Customer Question

Can I loose my green card for fraud after being married and have it since 2007?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Since there is no statute of limitations for immigration purposes [as opposed to criminal prosecution - which is 5 years] for green card fraud, there is a possibility of losing green card status if fraud is proven.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well the situation is this: I got my husband green card and we got divorce because he was cheating on me and domestic violence. He still giving me hard time, I just want to know if I can get rid of him and he can go far away from me and the only way is of he loose his green card
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

If USCIS hasn’t made a decision on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Permanent Residence, you should submit a letter to USCIS asking to withdraw the joint petition and refuse to attend any scheduled interview. This make make things harder for him to get a ten year green card. If your spouse has already received his ten-year green card, there is little else you can do besides turn him in for marriage fraud.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

See answer above....If marriage fraud is suspected, contact 1-***-***-****