Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

If you ever used any other names? If my paycheck from work

Customer Question

Hello, If you ever used any other names ? If my paycheck from work say Martin but any where else is Marcin including Driver Licences ; do I have to provide Martin? Thank You..
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Than you for your question today. This is firstly an information request to get a better idea of your question.

Is the question related to immigration law; such as a visa, or is it for other purposes like employment ?

Is the name Martin written on your paycheck a mistake or did you give your employers that name ?

Once, I know this I can give you a statement on the law.

Remember use of this service does not constitute an attorney-client relationship

Thanks

Bill attorney at law

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I use martin on paycheck and on email. But maiden name is ***** ***** This is a Immigration Law question. It asks ..If you used any other names , provide them below.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
many people miss pronounce my name that I stared using Martin years ago. I don't know if its ok to leave the question blank or add Martin on the line ?

Thank you for following up with me. The legal situation is that if a person fails to give accurate information on any element of an immigration document that allows you entrance to the US, the permission to remain in the US will be revoked and that person is subject to deportation proceedings.

On top of a person being deported on a finding that he provided misleading information to USCIS that permission will receive a bar ( temporary or permanent) from reapplying for any kind of US visa in the future.

Hence, I cannot say if a name used for minimal purposes will come to light of USCIS and susbsequently to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, but it should be determined that false information was provided, you would be involuntarily deported and future US visa applications was subsequently jeopardised.

For these reasons, it would be in your interests to disclose both names.

Remember this is a statement of the law, with no form of action being encouraged by me as no attorney-client relationship can form as a result of using this third party provider.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY RESPONSE 3 STARS TO 5 STARS BEFORE EXITING

If something remains unclear please follow up with me on your question.

Best of luck

Bill attorney at law

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Bill this clearly makes more sense to me now. I told my employer to change to my maiden name, and will put that I did in the past used both names and that other then my email is being changed to maiden name. Thanks again Bill.

It is a pleasure to be of assistance and to offer help.

I always advise on a complete honesty when dealing with Department of Homeland security.

Kindly REMEMBER TO RATE MY RESPONSE EITHER GOOD TO GREAT SERVICE, so that I will get a credit for my time, without which I receive nothing.

Best of luck!

Attorney Bill