How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108308
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wanted to know if there is away to get my spouse here

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** wanted to know if there is away to get my spouse here sooner he is from India and I am US citizen. We were married 2-29-2016 filed with USCIS July 19, 2016. I am pregnant due 12-5-2016 and require a c-section surgery. Also I was hospitalized for 2 weeks recently because of a kidney infection and had to have a tube placed in my kidney and will remain there till I have surgery to correct the problem, but I can't get the surgery until at least 4 weeks after the baby is born, so I am now a high risk pregnancy and going to need help with my care as well as baby when she is born.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So it has only been a month and a half and your I-130 has not been approved yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that is correct. All I have received so far is a letter saying they got my petition.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Well, you have two options that you can try because the "normal" processing time is about 4 to 7 months to get the I-130 approved and then around 1 to 3 months to complete the Consular Processing. The two options are the following:

1) Write in a letter explaining the situation, providing medical evidence to support your statements, and explaining that you need him by your side and why. Here are two links to help you in this regard:

2) Another option is the Humanitarian Parole. It will require similar statements and evidences, but that might get him in the U.S. faster and then you can do Adjustment of Status while he is in the U.S. Here is a link:

Hopefully one of these options will work. I sincerely ***** ***** everything work out fine for you and your baby. My prayers are with you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello Sherai. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions