Shannon Llenza
Shannon Llenza, Lawyer
Experience:  Principal Attorney at Llenza Immigration Law LLC
95908862

What happens after I reply to an RFE (Request For Evidence)?

Customer Question

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Shannon Llenza replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am an attorney with over 15 years of experience. If you submitted a timely response to USCIS' request for evidence, they review the evidence or information submitted. If USCIS determines that you submitted what they asked for in the requested evidence, they will continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I sent teh adjustment doc in december/2014. theu returned it for lack of a signature . my stauts U nonimgrante expired on feb/9/2015 and they received back the packake on febr/13/2015 (4 days after expiration) what date is valid? when I firt sent the package? or the last one?

Hello, I am sorry, I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Did you have a U visa and you were adjusting your status? It looks like you sent in an adjustment of status and it was returned for lack of signature. When you say they received the package back four days after expiration, you mean after your U visa expired, correct? The date I was referring to is the date the RFE was due back to USCIS. If you have questions about your package you can always call the USCIS service service or make an Infopass appointment. I have included a link to the information. https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us. Let me know if you still have a question that I didn't address. Thank you!

Hello, your original date that the package was sent is the date that is valid. Thanks!

Hello, I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions. If you are satisfied with my answers above can you please leave me a rating. A rating is the way I am compensated for my assistance with your question. You can continue to ask questions after you rate me. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks you. I will rate you.
Another question.I am under 485 (based U) review at Vermont Center since 08/201. I am single woman but i would like to get married very with my fiance. Currently he is under DACA status. Can I apply for him in order that he get a green card, also as my spouse? I was reading that if the case is still pending I must submit a form 929 +485 for my spouse. How does it work ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
since 08/2015

Hello. If your husband (he must be your spouse) lives inside the United States, you will file an immigrant petition on Form I-929 at the same time or after you file form I-485. If your husband's I-929 is approved he can file Form I-485 to apply for a green card. Your I-485 must be approved before they will approve his I-929. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Good morning, if you do not have any further question, please provide a rating for my services. Your rating is the way I receive credit for assisting you with your question. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HI, Shannon Llenza.
You know some information regarding my case: Visa U- then a pending 485. I will get married next week, currently my fiance is under DACA . I just want to be sure the process I need to follow in order to file a form I-929 ?
Besides, in your answer of 09/01/2016) you said : Your I-485 must be approved before they will approve his I-929.
but my 485 is still pending. when must I need to sent I 929 to immigration? thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
another question:
if my fiance is under Daca,
How does it work?
Might He be at risk of losing Daca protection is I apply for him?