Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I am planning to give birth to my baby in US. Is there any

Customer Question

I am planning to give birth to my baby in US. Is there any possibility that we (parents) can apply for immigration.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

Your child will be able to file for your US citizenship, but not until they're 18. Do you have any other immediate family members that are US citizens? A sibling or parent?

My apologies, I mistyped, my brain was traveling faster than my hands! You'll need to wait until they're 21.

There are some other possible means of migrating to the US, these involve specific employment, or investing in a US business. If you'd like more information on any of that, please let me know, I'm happy to help answer your questions.

Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Good afternoon, just checking in to see whether you have any additional questions? I hope I was able to help you, please let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you.