Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have a valid L1A (blanket file by IBM) in 2014. I

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have a valid L1A (blanket file by IBM) in 2014. I travelled on it for 2 years and then came back to India, resigned from IBM and joined my new employer Zensar.
My question is :
- Can I renew my L1A with new employer (my Visa is still valid until Feb-2017 and is eligible for 2 renewals after that)
- Can I go for H1B under cap?
Is there any benefit of having the valid L1A after leaving the employer who filed it once I am out of the US?I am still doing a manager role and have a big team associated with me in the new employer too.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: not really I have a different question...L1A valid but resigned from employer who filed. So wanted to know if this visa will help me in any form
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope Does it even remotely see a bright chance to talk to a lawyer and find out or is it obvious case of losing it
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no other hidden conditions...I have a L1A valid till Feb-2017 but I quit that employer who filed it. Now how best can I make use of my visa or is it just a gone case I did travel for 2 years on that visa and came back 2 months ago
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. Let me ask a few questions. How long have you been working for Zensar outside of the U.S.? Have you ever been counted against the H-1B cap before? When?

How long have you been working for Zensar outside of the U.S.? Have you ever been counted against the H-1B cap before? When?