Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm seeing a girl for a couple months now she's a J one

Customer Question

Hello I'm seeing a girl for a couple months now she's a J one student visa. Her visa expires on September 8 but I'm pretty sure she still allowed to stay for an extra 30 days as a tourist my question is can she work during that time. In what form does she have to fill out if you want to see that extra 30 days. Is there any government assistance program that could help her out if she decides to stay the extra 30 days. If that's not possible what other ways can I keep her in the states for a little while longer while I get to know her better and decide if I want to start a real relationship with her
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I see you are new to Just Answer. Please remember to click on 3 or more stars when you are satisfied as this is the only way that the website compensates the experts that help you. Anyway, did she finish her program or she was terminated?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello I'm seeing a girl for a couple months now she's a J one student visa. Her visa expires on September 8 but I'm pretty sure she still allowed to stay for an extra 30 days as a tourist. One question is can she work during that time. Is there a government assistance program that could help her out if she decides to stay the extra 30 days. What are my options to have her stay a little longer

Sorry. I cannot answer until you acknowledge what I have tried to explain about the positive ratings. You have 11 open questions and not a single positive rating. Since we experts are not given salaries to be here, none of the experts that have helped you have been compensated. I am afraid that if I spend my time to help you, I will end up in the same boat and I don't want to work for free. Is it that you do not understand how to use our system?

Apart from that, is her J-1 subject to 212(e)?