Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I am a 47 year old Canadian Citizen with a Perm. Res. Card

Customer Question

Hello...I am a 47 year old Canadian Citizen with a Perm. Res. Green Card issued in 2003. In 2013 I was arrested for 3 consecutive DUI with and eluding charge attached to the 3rd. Clearly I was in a desperate place. Since then I have gone through 6 month addiction program...served my 6 month mandatory sentence in the Drug and Alcohol unit in the Bergen County Jail and I have completed my 1 year probation successfully and have completed over 240 hours of community service successfully. I am divorce from a US Citizen and we have a beautiful 11 year old daughter that I share legal custody of. Today I am 2years 8 months sober and attend AA regularly, maintain a full time job since my release in June of 2015. My question is....what am I looking at as far as possible deportation and can I obtain a new PRGC since mine has expired as of May 2016? I am fearful and do not know what steps to take and I am afraid to leave the country to visit family in Canada for fear of not being able to re enter. Al of this took place Dec. 2013 in Bergen County NJ My name is ***** ***** I thank you for your time and any advice you can offer.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Were there any injuries or property damage? Was there any evidence of malicious or evil intent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was in an accident with no injury. The felony I have is a 3rd dui while driving on a suspended license from a previous dui and the other felony is the eluding charge but I don't know that there was evidence of evil or malicious intent
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure if I should be waiting for a response or how many interactions I have paid for
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But doesn't it make it evil or malicious by virtue of the fact that it is a felony? I don't have the paperwork in front of me.
Customer: replied 1 month ago. anyone there?