Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Please see my case details below: · I am an Indian national

Customer Question

Please see my case details below:
· I am an Indian national
· Came to US in July 2005 on F1 visa for MBA
· Joined Ernst and Young in 2007 and got H1B
· Quit E&Y and joined Citi (as VP in the Operations) in Jan 2012 (transferred H1 to Citi)
· Citi started GC in 2013 under EB2 - Priority date is Dec 2013
· Got I-140 in Aug 2015
· Currently working for Citi (same role)
· Started real estate business on the side in NJ in 2013 (generating nominal profits)
My ultimate objective is to quit job and focus on business full time while staying in US. Since I am an Indian national, I will have to wait 6 years for my priority date to become current (to file I-485).
I read about portable work authorization - https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/01/28/presidents-actions-promote-high-skill-immigration
Question - Does it allow me to quit my job? Will this portable work authorization help me in anyway in that regard? Any idea on possibility/probability of the portable work authorization being passed as of right now?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You mean the parole for entrepreneurs?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure what you mean by parole for entrepreneurs. Can you please explain? My question is regarding portable work authroization for Green Card applicants with approved I-140. Does it allow me to quit my job? Will this portable work authorization help me in anyway in that regard? Any idea on possibility/probability of the portable work authorization being passed as of right now?

Actually, after reviewing your history with other experts, I think I will opt out and hopefully someone else can help you. Good luck.

Expert:  Judith replied 3 months ago.

I will also opt out.

Judith