Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I wanted to ask about my visa status, no. i am doing my

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I wanted to ask about my visa status
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no. i am doing my masters working on cpt
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i am working on part time cpt and want to know if i can file an h1b petition next year
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Law and Immigration Law expert and I will be helping answer your questions tonight. Please note this is for informational purposes only, as we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

In order to better assist you, can you tell me what country you reside in, and what does the acronym cpt represent there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi,
i did my bachelors from a state university. worked on opt and opt extension. i took admission in masters and got a job and started working. my question is if i work part time and want to file h1b next year is it ok? do i need to be a full time employee of my company for them to file full time h1b for me? i am based in texas.

I'm going to opt out of this question so that another expert can assist you.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are currently on valid OPT at this point? When does it expire?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you are in CPT, that means you are still in valid F-1 status through your program of study. As long as you are in valid F-1 status, you can apply April 1, 2017 for an H-1B visa and if chosen in the lottery, you should be eligible for cap-gap extension. Here is an official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-fashion-models/extension-post-completion-optional-practical-training-opt-and-f-1-status-eligible-students-under-h-1b-cap-gap-regulations

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!