Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I am a citizen of the country of Georgia, and I just

Customer Question

I am a citizen of the country of Georgia, and I just received my Green Card for the U.S. based on an employment offer. I have an adult son, 25 years old, also citizen of Georgia. After immigrating to the U.S. as a permanent Resident, will I be able to invite my adult son to immigrate to the U.S? If yes, how long you think it may take/ Thank you
Lali Silagadze
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration Law attorney, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be helping answer your questions today; please note I can answer your questions for informational purposes only, as we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

So that I can better assist you, can you let me know which visa you were approved for, was it an H1B visa?

My apologies, I just re-read your initial question and saw that you already have obtained your green card. Yes, you can file for your son so long as he is unmarried.

*You're allowed to file for children under 21years old, and children over 21years old if they are unmarried.

The form you need to fill out is Form I-130. If you'd like, let me know and I can send you some more detailed information on some of the additional information USCIS will require.

I hope that helps! Please feel free to ask me any follow-up questions. Please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. We can still continue our conversation for free after you've rated me. Thanks!

Please feel free to ask me any other questions if you need help with anything else.