RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

If my child has a felony conviction six years ago but her

Customer Question

If my child has a felony conviction six years ago but her record has been expunged, can she board a princess Alaskan cruise in Seattle, Washington to to travel to Alaska with a four hour layover in Victoria, British Columbia before her ship returns to Seattle where she will disembark? She will not go ashore in Victoria during the layover, as we are aware that she cannot go to Canada because of her conviction being less than ten years old. Will customs prevent her from even boarding a u.s. Ship in the states to sail to the state of Alaska but does port in Victoria for the layover?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you today.

She won't have trouble boarding the ship in the United States. She just cannot as you are already planning, get off in Canada. Trouble arises for passengers with criminal history in Canada when they either are a) boarding for their cruise in Canada, b) the cruise disembarks in Canada at the end or c) they attempt to get off to do an excursion. It is at this point where your child would have difficulty with a border official and be denied entry. So long as she stays onboard, she'll be fine.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

I see that you have not left a positive rating for me yet. Was there something I could clarify for you about my answer, or additional information you needed? If so, please let me know. I'm here to help!

If not, I would kindly ask that you take a moment at this time to click on the stars to leave a positive rating, as that is the only way I am credited for my time and assistance, even if you have left a deposit. Remember that you can always ask follow-up questions in this thread at no additional cost after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!