Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I need some immigration law help. My friend is here on an

Customer Question

I need some immigration law help.
My friend is here on an expired visa from Brasil. She had a child by a long time live in and he pays child support. She has filed and paid taxes for the past two years, but needs a social security number and would like to get a green card.
Am I able to sponsor her and be financially responsible for her or does she need a husband.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: The only way she can get a green card now, without leaving the US and being subject to inadmissibility, is to meet and marry a US citizen spouse.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

I see you requested a phone call, but your payment failed. You need to call your bank to let them know this is not a fraudulent charge, and then come back and ask me to send you the offer again.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.