Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My friend Walid Chaker filed his I-765 Employment

Customer Question

My friend Walid Chaker filed his I-765 Employment Authorization on August 2, 2016. He was told that it could be 5 or 6 months before he receives his permanent work visa. He has already filed for Asylum, that was back in January 2016 when he arrived. He has no money and needs to work. Can he work for a moving company while he is waiting? He told the owner that he had a copy of his I-765 and his documents showing he had filed for asylum. He also has his passport.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Yes, Asylum paperwork filed in January 2016 and I-765 filed on August 2, 2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes, Walid went through an attorney who filed the asylum paperwork for him back in January 2016 and his I-765 was submitted on August 2, 2016.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was wondering if Walid can work for a moving company if he gives the employer a copy of his pending I-765 as he has run out of money.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

He filed the EAD based upon Asylum or some other method? What country is he from?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

He is not allowed to work with just a pending I-765. But on the other hand, if he works illegally, that would not cause him to be denied Asylum. So mostly it is up to the employer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.