Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I applied for my STEM OPT Extension at the end of April,

Customer Question

Hi, I applied for my STEM OPT Extension at the end of April, 2016. The USCIS asked for RFE materials and I submitted the materials. In addition, I submitted the older materials (original application documents) as well for enhanced processing. I have got my updated case status today. It says the I-765 form has been requested for withdrawal. Is it due to the re-submission of the documents? Please let me know.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.Please allow me a moment to prepare a response.

HI there,

I am so sorry about the delay. I do not know what happened, but I am here now.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: There is absolutely no way for me to know for sure, with 100% certainty. But it is likely that this is the case if you filed a duplicate application with a full set of documents. The only way to know for sure, whomever, is to call the USCIS, and speak with a Level 2 immigration officer. They can see things in the record that would give you an idea of exactly what happened.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!