Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My husband was denied a visa 11 years ago, he was here is

Customer Question

My husband was denied a visa 11 years ago, he was here is the US illegally. he received a 10 year penalty for being in the U.S . The 10 years are no past, I am filling out I 130 I am not sure of the answer if he has ever been deported. He has been taken to the border but he doesn't know if is an actual deportation. It probably occurred in 1997. I am wondering if he even has a chance. If he was denied at the consulate in Ciudad Juarez di the already review his criminal background or any judicial proceedings?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If he was physically removed in 1997, why would you say the penalty has not passed? Did he come back into the U.S. illegally after 1997? Is he in the U.S. now?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If he is back in the U.S. illegally, then he should stay put until reform comes out, though no one knows when and even if reform will ever come out. An I-601A waiver would most likely be denied for him because of a second illegal entry, so he should probably just stay put and hope something positive comes out in the future.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Cindy. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!