Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Have a question on max out date, I am in US on H1B, no, is

Customer Question

Hi have a question on max out date
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I am in US on H1B
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this service free?
JA: The Immigration Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: let me know how much
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please give me some time to review your question.

You are receiving information from an immigration attorney. So no, it is not free. Do you want to continue?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1) I was in USA with Employer A on H1B from Sep 2006 till October 2007 ( 1 year, 1 month in US) (petition from 10/01/2005 - 04/18/2008)
2) My employer A did my visa conversion to L1B and I was in US on L1B (petition from 12/30/2006 - 12/29/2009)
from November 2007 till April 2008 (5 months)
from October 2008 till October 2009 (1 year)
3) I was in India from Nov 2009 till Jun 2012
4) My H1B petition was approved and petition valid from 02/16/2012 - 09/30/2014 (my case was pursued under non-quota)
5) I was in US from Jun 2012 till Jun 2013 (1 year)
6) Moved back to India for 6 months
7) Came back in Dec 2013 and staying till date (2 years, 8 months)
8) Changed 2 employers and my current extended petition is from 11/5/2015 - 7/1/2018
9) I went for stamping in Feb 2016, and my current stamp and I94 is valid till 7/1/2018My current employer started GC process and I would like to double check on Max out date before he files it.
Kindly clarify the below questions:-
1) Is the period , I was in India (between Nov 2009 to May 2012, almost 2 years and 7 months) considered as cooling period so that max out clock is reset.
2) Does the visa extension / stamping I received now is valid and I can stay until Jul 2018?
3) What would be my max out date/year?

Sir/Madam,

You asked for a phone call. I tried to accept it, but it appears your payment did not go through. You should contact your bank to inform them that this is not a fraudulent charge, and to allow the charge to go through.