Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I would like to know if I qualify for the immigration

Customer Question

I would like to know if I qualify for the immigration forgiveness that will get in place on August 29 I'm a mother of 2 Americans citizens children
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please give me some time to review your question.

OK, thank you for your patience.

Are you married to a US citizen or permanent resident or do you have a parent who is a US citizen or permanent resident?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No just my kids are citizens

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

During this process, please remember that I do not work for the government. My job is to be honest with you about your situation, and sometimes that means I have to deliver bad news. I know a negative outcome might create negative feelings for you, but those feelings should be directed to the US laws, not me. So please do not give me a negative rating for an answer you did not expect or like. Thank you for your understanding.

ANSWER: Unfortunately, I do not have good news for you. The new benefits that expand on August 29, 2016, are only available for people who have parents who are US citizen or permanent residents, or are married to a US citizen or parent. Your children do not count for that expansion of the Provisional Waiver process. I am very sorry.

I wish I had better new to share.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.