Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I just had a terrible i751 interview. The IO said she will

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: i just had a terrible i751 interview. The IO said she will review the case and get back to use. She also said that if my stamp..which expires in November gets close to expiring, we should go get another stamp. is this a bad sign that she will not approve the case to the extent that we need anotherr stamp in november?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i had a previous marriage which she seemed to ask alot about, but we divorced and i married my current husband in 2012
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: south carolina, i work on contract so the case was moved from california to sc in april. She also seemed angry about that
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It's sometimes a bad sign that you even get an interview. If enough evidence is sent in, they often don't ask for an interview at all. What types of evidences did you send in? What questions did they ask that you answered incorrectly or poorly? Did they separate you and your spouse?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no they did not separate us. The adjustment of status was poorly filed because we just did it with no help. However they sent an RFE...we use a lawyer but they were not good enough as they gave the case to their assistant who could not do anything. When we got the interview, i read many online reviews and this time took all evidence since we were married to now. We have been to 3 states because of my work. We had tax transcripts 2 car titles , 4 leases,phone bills,medical insurance,life insurance,car insurance and bank statements all spanning 4 years.The lady didnt even look at them she said she will review later and showed me that i have a large file she has to go through every thing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She was rude for the most part and since i did not expect questions about my previous marriage i did not remember details like when we separated , how long i had known him etc and i think i gave short answers too which seemed to annoy her

So a few of those things from every 2 or 3 months? And you and your spouse moved together each time to the different states, no living apart?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
on our RFE i said i had been to denver for a convention (my current husband lived there but we had not started dating) however after grilling me about the timeline of our affair she asked when i was in denver..i thought she asked if i had ever lived in denver so i said i had never been there. I was there for the convention and can prove it but what i said is defferent than what i wrote..again i was already deazed by
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we lived together in Houston but i got a job in California while he worked in houston. He quite and joined me 7 months later. We moved together to sc this year. Again because of my job but he did not get a job in California so we moved together. In that time he also traveled to africa for 3 months. IO asked why i did not go with him to africa and i said i was working. They asked him why he came to california and he said he thought i would be made permanent at my job so he joined me. We had told her that the plan was never to stay in california because i stayed in a hotel for 9 months before we got a lease

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had a number of customers that I was helping at the same time and a customer requested a phone call. Anyway, the good news is that I think eventually you will get the conditions removed. Just continue to put away more and more evidence in a folder every month like those insurance statements, bank statements, even junk mail. Go get the stamp renewed as it should be approve because the I-751 is still pending. The bad news is that it may take a bit of time for the officer to review the case. I don't doubt that they were in a bad mood because now she has to go through the additional work of calling potential witnesses (like landlords), employers, verifying addresses, etc. You may have to respond to another Request For Evidence (RFE) or maybe even go for another interview, but as long as you can prove everything and continue to gather more and more evidence every month, you should be ok.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.