Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

H1- extension, Yes, my employer sent the documents to

Customer Question

HI
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: H1-b extension
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes, my employer sent the documents to nebraska service centre on 8/2 my i-94 expired on 8/9
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: it was filed as premium processing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we still did not receive any receipt notice it has been nearly 3 weeks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Your attorney has not received an email from the USCIS?

Does he have proof of delivery?

Has the check been cancelled by the bank?

Judith

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think my employer has tracking number, but it does not exactly tie to my name, right?
No check has been cancelled, do we need to cancel the check?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there any phone number to call and confirm if they received the documents.
or do we need to resubmit the documents? If we resubmit will there be any issues during approval.

There is a problem. As soon as the PPU receives the petition they send out an email acknowledgement with the case number. The tracking number on the delivery service is not helpful. It just shows it was received but it is not tied into any USCIS database.

Your attorney should have been on top of this after 3-5 days passed without receiving the email.

The attorney has access to the USCIS PPU phone number through our American Immigration Lawyers Assoc assistance webpage. They need to get on the ball and call the PPU at the NSC and find out where this file went. It is in a black hole somewhere.

They can also call the Customer Service number and ask for a tier 2 officer and get help tracking it down. If it is not found by the end of the week then a new petition needs to go out with a copy of the tracking number and proof of delivery to show it was filed timely and USCIS messed up. They also need to include the Service Request number given to them by Customer Service.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Judith,Just came to know that my employer does not even have the tracking number.
When we call USCIS customer care how can they identify if they received my documents.
Will my petition will be denied if i resubmit for extension as we do not have the tracking number?Thank you
Prashanth Atthaluri

Without the tracking number there is no proof of delivery and yes your new petition can be approved but not the extension. You would have to leave the country to get new I-94 to be able to work.

I am wondering now if they really filed.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars

Judith