How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jennifer Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3458
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jennifer Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started a relationship with someone a few weeks ago but

Customer Question

Hello, I started a relationship with someone a few weeks ago but she has to go back to Belarus or he lives in about three weeks we both are not ready to get married but I would like to apply for A fiancé visa for her. what is the procedure for this and do we have to be officially engaged to apply for this form. Also how long does the procedure take and if it hasn't been approved by the time she has to leave does that mean she has to leave
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, this is Jennifer and I will be helping you today. Please remember that the other question I helped you with has no rating yet. This is the only way that I receive credit.

To apply for the fiance visa it takes about 5-8 months after you submit the application now. The application you will need is the I-129F. You can find it on . You do no have to be engaged in order to submit the fiance visa for her.

However, she cannot change from the visa she is on to a fiance visa inside the US. The fiance visa is used to enter the US. So no she cannot wait here in the US while it is processed. She will have to depart and once it is approved, she can reenter the US with the fiance visa. She will only get 3 months inside the US and you have to marry within those 3 months.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Related Immigration Law Questions