Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

How to prove maintenance of status while on O1 visa? I have

Customer Question

How to prove maintenance of status while on O1 visa? I have an O1 visa, petitioned by an agent. In our agreement, it says that I will get paid directly from my actual employers (I am traditionally self-employed in my home country) and have to pay an arrangement fee to my agent. I'm currently outside the US and going back soon with my wife. Now my wife is going to her O3 interview, and I read that they might want proof that I maintain my O1 status according to my petition. I have the general letter from my agent which I presented at the time of my O1 interview; I have the employment deal memos, tour dates, and bank statements. I'm a musician and usually get paid in cash from the employees (for example venues, studios, individual musicians, etc...) and deposit it into my bank account. How can I demonstrate that, while I was in the US, I maintain the O1 status?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cancel the phone call request. It was a mistake
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I have the general letter from my agent which I presented at the time of my O1 interview; I have the employment deal memos, tour dates, and bank statements.

Have your tour agent provide you with a current letter and tour schedule. Ask for them to put in the letter that you are paid on a cash basis by the venues.

I assume you have not been here long enough to file a tax return. Therefore, it is helpful if you can write out an invoice for each of your deals, and annotate on them the date and amount paid and who paid you. If you can go back and get these signed by the payee that would also be helpful.

If you have any posters or other venue advertisements of your tours, photocopy those and attach them to the invoice for that particular deal.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith