Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Can a Ukrainian citizen get a refugee visa if she is living

Customer Question

Can a Ukrainian citizen get a refugee visa if she is living in the center of the war zone?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The issue is more complicated than that. If you want to immigrate to the U.S. as a Refugee, you must follow the stringent process for applying for Refugee status. For one thing, you "must receive a referral to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for consideration as a refugee." For more information, click here.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.