Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am an Indian Citizen. I am now 41 years old and married in

Customer Question

Hello Sir / Mam. I am an Indian Citizen. I am now 41 years old and married in India. I am planning to shift to USA. My plan is to work and live in states.I have already about 12 years of work experience. Currently working in Kuwait. I have my Engineering degree certificate already attested and certified by ministry of external affairs India. What do I do ? Can u please advise ? Regards ***** *****
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Do you already have a job offer in the US?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. I don't.

Unfortunately, this is not so simple. First and foremost you will need a job offer in your field from a company and the position must require your education level in the US. That is something that you will need to get on your own.

Once you have an offer, the employer will need to tell you if they will sponsor your green card or in the alternative, they can sponsor a non immigrant visa to work such as the H1B visa, if you qualify. However for the H1B visa you cannot apply until April 2017.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello. My one friend in States say that he has forwarded by CV to company in states. The company already has permissions for H1-B visa for 5 foreign nationals. And my friend is asking me to send 1200 USD to him for the company to start process for my visa processing. Can I go ahead or is it a scam ?Moreover is the visa has anything to do with the coming elections in USA ?Finally should I drop my plans to work and live in USA ?RegardsAltaf

The employee does not pay for the H1B visa so I would recommend that you do not do this. In any case NO ONE can apply for H1B's until April 2017 so preparation would start only a couple months before, not this long.

The visa has nothing to do with coming elections.

It is not my decision for you to drop your plans to come to the US. That is up to you if you are able to get a job and an employer willing to petition you. It is not easy.

I hope this clarifies for you and hopefully you can now issue a positive rating. Thanks for your consideration.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer but did not ask any follow up questions or leave any feedback.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify for you. My goal is to earn your positive rating.