Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Am us citizen married a African man in sierra leone ,how do

Customer Question

am us citizen married a African man in sierra leone ,how do I get him back to united states
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You will have to file a petition for him back here in the US. You need to prepare yourself for a 6-10 month separation after the wedding.

You and your spouse will have to each complete a form G-325A and attach 2 passport style photos to that and submit them with the I-130 petition along with the $420 filing fee.

When this is received you can then file without a fee, form I-129F for him to be processed for a K3 visa to enter while the approval of the I-130 is pending.

The petition will take 3-5 months to approve.

Then you will receive the immigrant visa bill of $230and the Affidavit of Support review fee of $88 from the National Visa Center.

After these fees are paid you will submit the I-864 Affidavit of Support and your spouse will receive the immigrant visa application instructions via email.

It will take 3-5 months for his background/security clearance to be completed and for him to receive his medical and visa appointment instruction.

After the interview he will receive his immigrant visa stamp in his passport and the immigrant visa package he presents to the customs agent upon arrival in the US.

He must come to the US within 6 months or his immigrant visa will have expired.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith