Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Is there consequences for canceling a K1 visa? She is filing

Customer Question

Is there consequences for canceling a K1 visa?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: She is filing with someone else and wants to quit the visa because she doesn't want to do it anymore.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they have filed for the K1 and are now waiting for the interview, but she wants out
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Absolutely no negative consequences for either party by sending a letter to USCIS to revoke the I-129F petition as you have had a change of mind and do not want to marry the fiance. Best to do before interview.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 3 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith