Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

Step to take when visa application status of administrative

Customer Question

Step to take when visa application status of administrative processing has been on 60 days poat interview
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the consular officer's decision to refuse the visa and take further action through 221g with administrative processing. There is no guaranteed right of action within any period of time and ther are cases that can take much longer than 60 days, some as long as 6 months. Your only option is to sit and wait. Invoking a Congressional Inquiry at this stage will not result in any expedite.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.