Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I am a US citizen. I have a Guatemalan passport. I tried

Customer Question

I am a US citizen. I have a Guatemalan passport. I tried requesting a US passport but was denied due to a child support lien. I have to travel to Dominican Republic for my brothers wedding. What kind of repercussion will I be facing upon exiting or entering the country?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You can leave using your Guatemalan passport, but to come back into the U.S., you will need a special validity U.S. passport which you will have to obtain at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate or you will not be allowed to board a plane back to the U.S. Here is a link:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Andy. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!