Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I got married in 06/03/2016 after finding out that i was

Customer Question

I got married in 06/03/2016 after finding out that i was pregnant to my husband i met on the end of February. Now we are filing the form of adjustment of status but i did not get the I-94 form in my entry but just the stamp in my passport with the date of arrival. I tried to retrieved my i94 form online but no result, i called the JFK port of entry they told me they can't give it to me as i stay more than 6 months. but my visa end on 09/15/2016. What can i do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Someone in your situation wants to send an I-102 to request a copy of the I-94. See HERE and HERE. It is very simple, and it would provide an I-94 even if you were not issued one when you came here. You may wish to delay the I-130/I-485 application bundle until you receive the I-94 so you can complete the paperwork perfectly.

If you have already tried the I-102 and it did not work, reply and let me know (and tell me what happened exactly and why it did not work, please).

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.