Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

What would the cost be to have a family of 6 from Italy get

Customer Question

What would the cost be to have a family of 6 from Italy get permanent residency papers to come to USA?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

They cannot just come to the US and immigrate without going through some type of sponsoring process. Otherwise, half the world population would come here. The government strictly regulates the immigration process and cost depends on how they will immigrate.

There are 5 ways to come to the U.S. to live permanently. They are through family, through employment, through asylum, through investment, or through the lottery.

For family, it must be immediate family such as U.S. Citizen spouse or U.S. Citizen children over 21 in order to be able to come immediately. U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident parents or U.S. Citizen siblings, or Lawful Permanent Resident spouses can also help you, but the wait for that is about 4 to 12 years or so.

Through employment, you would have to generally prove that you would not be taking away a job from a U.S. worker and the less experience and education you have, the harder that is to do.

Through asylum, you must prove that you will be persecuted, tortured or killed if you stay in your country and that this will happen to you because of your nationality, race, religion, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group, not because you would run the same risk as anyone else in your country to fall victim to a crime or bad economic conditions.

Through investment, you are looking at generally $1,000,000.00 for a residency, or if you want a temporary visa, probably at least $100,000 or $200,000 investment to start.

And through the lottery, it would be very difficult to win one of the 50,000 visas available per year. The lottery begins this year on October 3 and ends the first week of November.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much I truly appreciate your help.
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Do any of the categories apply to your situation?

I can break down the process for the ones that apply.

Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, it appears the payment failed. Often credit card companies put a hold on the charge because they think it may be fraud.

Or if you are abroad we do not offer the phone call option.

In the event you are abroad I will offer you skype or tango as a premium service in lieu of a live phone call.

Please advise.

Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. We can use skype, tango or whatsapp.

I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.