Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

She got denied last year due to medical drug use. So they

Customer Question

She got denied last year due to medical drug use. So they put a year probation on her. She just had her new medical on Friday. I resubmitted the IV application. Just wondering about affidavit of support and what to expect at interview this time around?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.Can you please give us some additional details and explanation as to what she is applying for and who denied her and a few more facts so we can provide you the information you are seeking?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ir1 visa
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Embassy denied her. She failed the drug test. It been a full year. Just wondering about affidavit of support.
Thank you for your reply.
If it has been more than one year since she failed the drug test and you know she is clean still, you can reapply for her. Your affidavit of support would be attesting to the fact you have the means to pay for her needs when she comes here and that she would not be stranded here without any money or means to support herself or return to her own country.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Right. Do I have to resubmit a new affidavit of support. Her visa interview the 26th of this month.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I resubmitted the IV application cause that what they asked. Along with an updated police certificate cause they are good for a year
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Packet 4 only asked for the ds 260. Birth police, passport, and online courier service

Thank you for your reply.

You need to submit everything all over again. You are resubmitting everything just like it is the first time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
why didn't they ask that in the packet 4

Thank you for your reply.

If she was previously rejected and is reapplying they can use the prior support affidavit, but most times they ask for a current one. I do not know why it was not included in the packet though, because it should have been unless they are willing to keep the previous one.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I go and get an answer if they need current or willing to use prior. As the interview is so close
Thank you for your reply
The agent who is handling the new application will ask for it to be submitted if they will require it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Who could I call to see if the agent will or will not need it. I'd rather have it and not need it rather than wait longer. This had gone on long time. I'd rather not wait any longer.
Thank you for your reply.
That is what I told you above, what you just said, fill it out and bring it regardless so you have it in case you need it. Who would you call? The immigration office that is handling her case, that is who you would call.